A Virtual Data Center is a remote located pool of computing, memory and storage resources that your company can use on-demand to reduce the need for complex IT investments. You simply rent the resources you need for longer and shorter periods of time. Software is used to administer the resources and roll them out to your departments in need of computing power. A software defined data center.
Benefits of a Virtual Data Center
- Increased speed and flexibility of IT, allowing your IT departments to deploy new systems more quickly.
- Adequatley respond to business needs and increase flexibility for innovation and new projects. Speed up time to market and positioning.
- Support the change agents in your company to identify where technology can help improve the business, and then act with the help of private cloud services.
- Make it easy to develop web 2.0-based applications and automate business processes.
- Manage your own private cloud services for better security and control over IT resources, by using the opportunity and flexibility a private Virtual Data Center gives you.
- Spend more of your IT budgett on supporting business needs, less on maintaining new and past investments.
- Cost control and savings with pay-as-you-go model.
This is a sustainable solution to scale and improve your IT infrastructure without having to build your own data centre or deal with suppliers of networking, storage and servers. The only thing you have to think about is how much capacity your organization needs and when you need it. Scale up and deploy your OS or applicatons on demand – We take care of the rest.
Fjord IT sets high standards for security and offers multiple solutions to accomodate our customers security needs. You can choose to use your own firewalls or use VMware vShield security. Our premium service offers Virtual Machines hosted on high availability VCE™ infrastructure – built for virtualization. Dedicates vSAN, ESXi hosts and virtual infrastructure available on demand.
A Green Virtual Data Center
With our patented cooling technology, we can reduce overall power usage with up to 50%. Further access to 98,5% renewable wind- and hydropower, stable geology and political climate, makes Norway an ideal location for data centers. Our portfolio consist of:
- Virtualization Infrastructure – Fjord Blocks from VCE.
- Resource pool of 50-5000 servers.
- Tailored cloud Solutions.
- Hosting environments – colocation and Hybrid hosting.
- CO2 reporting (by 2013).
Business units needs rapid access to IT infrastructure to ensure faster time-to-market for projects and improved business. By adapting virtualization, IT costs has dramatically reduced and efficiency and flexibility vastly improved. Run multiple operating systems and application on a single computer. Consolidate hardware to get higher productivity from fewer physical servers.
With VMware vCloud® software, IT can start adapting to virtualization, and at the same time manage resouces and security. You can expand on your existing VMware platform or start simplifying and improving IT by adapting virtualization strategies. You can also convert physical servers or servers from virtually any other hypervisor on the market.
No customer are alike, and Fjord IT offers secure access to our Virtual Data Centers over the Internett, through dedicated VPN firewalls (site to site) or through dedicated fiber optic lines at major Point of Precense (POPs) in Europe. With VMware vCloud® and vCloud Connector for administration, our infrastructure resources becomes a seamless, extended part of the your network. Bring your existing applications, workloads and templates to the cloud while retaining the freedom to move these applications back into your own datacenter when desired.